In 1931, the Founder built a dedicated Aikido Dojo. This was a wooden building approximately 120 square meters (80 tatami mats) in size, called the Kobukan, located in present-day Wakamatsu-Cho, Shinjuku. In 1967 the original wooden structure housing the Aikido Hombu Dojo was replaced by a modern concrete building. In 1973 the building was modernized, and the fourth and fifth floors were added to the building.
Aikido has become established in 130 countries, and under the direction of Doshu Moriteru Ueshiba, instructors carry on the spirit of Aikido which continues to grow throughout the world.
- About Hombu Dojo
- Learn about Hombu Dojo, Domestic and International.
- Join Us
- Learn Aikido. See how to join.
- View Hombu Dojo's Instructors.
- Instructors for each class
- See Instructors for every 3 weeks in each class
- General class, Beginner class, Women's class. View classes schedule.
- Grading Examination System
- See the Grading Examination System of Aikido.
- Aikido Academy
- The only Aikido School that is Tokyo Metropolitan Government certified.
- Hombu Dojo Women's Special Class
- Women can learn Aikido too. See how to join Women's Class.
- Hombu Dojo Children's Class
- Learn Aikido. Children's under Age 15.
- View the traffic access to the Hombu Dojo.